Barnage and James Haley operated nurseries there until the cemetery expanded. Neck asked the council to consider reconnecting a light on the property to further discourage people from coming around the building at night. Chuck Fowler won re-election for his seat as Alexandria City Councilman for District 5 on Election Night. . of 10 acres bordered by Monroe, Florence, Olive, and Cook
Its builders number was 57203 and it cost $29,520. . . There’s a lot of these boats down in south Louisiana in museums. —, The Alexandria and Pineville Baptist Church was organized in Pineville, Louisiana, on September 6, 1881, with twelve charter members. 1938: Russell's Lumber Yard opened its doors. —, Wood burning, steam powered, 4 line, re-haul skidder on wheels. —, The depot was built on this site about 1906 as a joint agency of the St. Louis, Iron Mountain and Southern RR and the Red River and Gulf RR. It is the fourth oldest club in Louisiana and the 259th in the Rotary world.As of 2007, there were over 32,000 clubs in 200 countries with more than 1,200,000 members.Rotary . “It was closed for 1 1/2 years and we never had a break-in,” he told the council. J.B. Kelly, Dentist, and C.B. Last used February, 1953.Engine #400 was the . . Charles Mayeux's conviction and sentence for the 2015 murder of his wife has been vacated due to a recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling requiring unanimous verdicts. . —, Much business was done in the 700 block and many prominent businessmen who worked here represented their fellows in government. The Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office has made an arrest after investigating an alleged rape in the Marksville area. . Consecrated by Bishop Leonidas Polk in 1861. It’s gonna be from both of us. For Bordelon, one of the things that is a huge part of his culture is duck hunting. It replaced the initial steam powered sawmill at this location, which was built between 1893 and 1895 and burned on October 1, 1900.